Admission Requirements

Admission Process

Course Requirements

Program Requirements

Candidacy & Dissertation





Grad assistants

LTEC faculty and grant staff

Grant work by LTEC faculty provides opportunities for grad assistanceships as well as real-world design and research experience. More information on financial assistance can be found at the COE web site.

Please Visit Our

New Site

LTEC PhD Admission Process

Students applying to the ETEC PhD program must complete the required process by the UH Graduate Division as well as the College of Education. Pay careful attention to the steps below. Only completed applications will be considered for admission.


ETEC admits only a single cohort in the fall each year; there are no spring or summer admissions. Processing of admission applications begins October 1 for the fall semester with a deadline of February 1 (January 15 for international applicants). Applicants are advised to apply as early as possible.

Intent to Apply

Students are encouraged to email the ETEC doctoral coordinator as to their intent to apply. This will ensure you receive any updated information about the program and that the department is looking for your completed application.

Graduate Division Application Requirements

Applicants submit the following forms to the Graduate Admissions Office

Note that students apply to the Education doctoral program on the Graduate application (applying to the ETEC program will result in your form being sent to the Master's admissions process). Details on the required documents and where to send these are found on the Graduate admissions web page.

College of Education Doctoral Application Requirements for ETEC

All applicants are required to submit the following materials directly to the COE:

These materials should be sent to:

Doctor of Philosophy Admissions Office
University of Hawaii‘i at Mānoa
College of Education, Educational Foundations
1776 University Avenue
Wist 113
Honolulu, HI 96822

More Information

For more information, contact the appropriate admissions office listed above about required materials or the ETEC department office if you are unable to resolve an issue with the former.